Sunday, April 17, 2011

Hong Kong

It seems so long since our trip to Hong Kong but I returned to a fairly heavy workload and haven't had much time to reflect on the trip.

The strong lines on this building, and the contrast of the blue sky reflected in the windows against the sandy colour of the building, caught my eye.


We didn't go very far on our first day in Hong Kong, just to a nearby shopping centre - I think it was Times Square. These people were from Japan and had been brought across to make a cookie that is very popular for Chinese New Year. They had an amazing assembly line going and were fascinating to watch. Unfortunately, we forgot to buy any of the cookies so I don't know what they tasted like - they smelled delicious.


Here's John standing on a cobbled back street in Hong Kong.


In the lead-up to Chinese New Year, there were many stalls like this one offering seasonal decorations. This is my favourite photo from our trip.


This striking building has hundreds of round, porthole-like windows. I liked the view through the shrubbery below.

No comments: